Friday, November 23, 2007

White Trash College Bash

As a send off party for the Aussies (hmmm?) Katie and Joe threw a "White Trash College Bash". As we don't have quite the same 'college' experience back in Oz, it was a our first glimpse into the college party life!

Everyone made a great effort to dress up and I must admit that I had a lot of fun doing it...though the pictures will no doubt raise a few eyebrows! Katie and I went shopping for our "trashy" outfits and came away with some goodies from the 100yen shop! Where else would you go to get:



  • blue eye shadow

  • foundation

  • stick on nails (complete with diamonds)

  • hair rollers

  • glitter eye liner

  • fake glitter eyelashes?

I spotted a long sleeve denim shirt with some beautiful embroidery on the front (so early 80s. Honestly, do people see these items and think "yes, I love it!"?). I cut the sleeves off and tied the front in a knot under which I wore a flashy red bra! I paired this with my own jeans and a pair of apple slippers. Wallah! Jono had a flannelet shirt with the sleeves cut out, paired with a red long sleeve t-shirt, jeans, a truckie cap and a handle-bar moustache! We won the "trashy couple" award. We are so proud!!! hahaha



There was much entertainment including the notorious beer bong, flippee cup and beer pong. They were a lot of fun...Katie and I were the champion beer pong players!!! Woohoo.

It was a pretty classy night all up (*cough*) and we had an absolute ball!