Friday, November 2, 2007

International Festival

On Jono's birthday (on not for his birthday) we went to the International Festival held across the road from the castle. There were a lot of tents surrounding the grassed area with different goods and activities. There was a tent for Aboriginal Art and we'd been asked to pop down and help for a little while. At first we thought we'd be there about half an hour tops, especially as there wasn't a whole lot for us to do when we first got there. So I wandered around the grounds, checking out the different tents and down the row of International food, that looked and smelled great!
When I returned to the tent I took over from Jane (a fellow Adelaidian who stayed on after her contract last year doing private teaching) and just stayed there for the next 3 hours!! I had heaps of fun doing face, hand and arm painting on kids! We used a sponge to stencil either a turtle, snake or lizard first, then used a paint brush to outline and fill them with coloured dot painting. It was fun. I don't think I stopped painting for more than 30 seconds in the whole time I was there! The kids were super cute and some even managed to say colours and a thank you in English. I couldn't resist but get a turtle on my hand!