Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Curves - In Japan

Now that the cooler weather has arrived, as if someone has just flipped a switch, I am much more motivated to do some exercise. After Katie commented on how much fun it is at Curves, a short bike ride down the street, I decided to check it out.
As soon as we entered through the doors there were happy and loud greetings from all the staff members and waves from the gym members working out! The staff were really cute and helped explain each of the machines in the circuit. For those of you unfamiliar with the Curves way of doing things...It is simply a circuit room set up with 12 machines and exercise mats in between each one for you to jog, squat or do whatever your little heart desires. You do two complete circuits, stretch and then you're done. The whole thing takes about half an hour. So, after my introductory visit I decided to join up.
Here are some rules of Curves...I wonder if they have these in America and Australia?
1. Say "Hi, hello" to your fellow members when you jump in the circuit, and "See you" when you leave.
2. Welcome new members and help them get familiar with the circuit.
3. Bring your sports shoes separately (inside sneakers), and do not use your street shoes.
I am really enjoying working out at Curves I just regret not joining earlier!