Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lunch With The Ladies


This week brought the 2006/2007 school year to a close. After the closing ceremony the students were sent home but the teachers remained at school. The day's lunch was special, for starters women only. Here is a photo of me and Mayumi. Next, it was the most expensive lunch I've ever had! I had great anticipations for it!


At 12 we all made our way to the library and arranged on three long tables were some exquisite Japanese lunches. For 2800 Yen I got a Bento (lunch box, including lots of sashimi), a bottle of tea (my favourite, not!) and a bag of sweets. I was brave and tried everything in the bento, including the raw white fish. The tempura was delicious and I shelled my first ever prawn. The sweets bag included two cake logs, a teddy biscuit, one green tea cake and one vanilla cake.

No comments: