Thursday, May 24, 2007

Where the streets have no... width

We haven't really put anything informative about Japan on recently. Here's one... the streets here are really narrow! I have noticed this before when being driven in a car, cause I was really scared and thankful all at the same time beause everyone has a small car. I have noticed this even more when riding a bike (don't worry mum, its pretty safe!). I noticed this the most today whilst leaning my head on the window of the left hand side of the bus. I realised the bus was regularly 10-30 centimetres away from the rooves of houses!

Bear in mind there are very few footpaths. It led me to think that if Bono had lived in Japan he wouldn't have written "Where the Streets have No Names", but rather "Where the streets have no Width"!

It got me thinking about the lyrics of this song... maybe it would go like this...

I want to ride
I want to drive
I want to avoid the bus then dodge side to side.
I want to seek shelter
And avoid harm...
Don't want to lose my left arm!

Where the streets have no width etc etc

Please feel free to add more verses...