Friday, December 7, 2007

Saying Goodbye...Shiroyama JHS

Shiroyama sent me off in style. My last day at this Jr High was close to my best!

Throughout the day I had massive lines of students at my desk for the last opportunity to speak to me and have a box on their communication card signed off. They were both really excited and sad, so was I. They are such great kids. I had 3 lessons during the day in which the classes presented goodbye cards and gifts. Very sweet.


After the last lesson for the day there was a special goodbye assembly held for me. Once again I had to make my bilingual speech to the school, this time standing on top of their podium on the track. Once I was finished, the school captain gave a speech to me in English and then gave me a present. I felt a bit special! The present included a cloth with the 7 Japanese Gods printed on it, a pretty clip for my hair to wear with a kimono and a New Year's decorative display.


After school I was invited to the traditional Japanese room for a tea ceremony. The girls in this club were very cute, playing junken to see who got to make the tea for me! I had the most yummy bean cake I've had all year and the tea was good too. After I finished we had a few photos taken and then I was offered another tea. With only 5 mins til I had to catch my bus, I said I'd eat and drink quickly!

Soon I was off...and for the last time I walked out of the staff room, all staff giving their farewell wishes and accompanied me to the front door. I changed my shoes for the last time, closed my shoe locker, and said goodbye. As I walked out of the school grounds I had my last "Goodbye Jodi"s from the track and field, volleyball and baseball teams and then it was all over. Another chapter of my Japanese life closed forever, and what a fantastic chapter it was.